1. What does the Graphical Tab represent?
- A graphical view of video metadata
- A graphical of assets in a project
- A graphical view of all tracks, menus, slideshows, scripts, stories and connections in a project
- A graphical view of build data
2. Besides your mouse, What allows you to perform commands in DVD Studio Pro
- The Inspector
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Layered Menus
3. Which one of these is NOT a source that can go into DVD Studio Pro?
4. Which is not a configuration for DVD Studio Pro?
5. What is a Video TS file?
- Video Technology Site file
- The authored DVD file
- Slideshow file
- The Closed Captioning file
6. What does VBR stand for?
- Variable Bit Ratio
- Video Bit Rate
- Video Bit Ratio
- Valid Bit Rate
- Variable Bit Rate
7. What is the standard frame rate of an NTSC DVD video?
- 60 fps
- 30 fps
- 29.97 fps
- 23.98 fps
- 24 fps
8. True or False. You can open DVD Studio projects from older versions in DVD Studio Pro 4
9. What is the standard DVD aspect ratio?
10. When recording and editing audio, you should use a sample rate of ____________.
- 94 kilohertz
- 44.1 kilohertz
- 48 kilohertz
- 40 kilohertz
11. The width of the visible area to the height of the visible area of the video frame is called _________.
- video Frame ratio
- aspect ratio
- PAL ratio
- video ratio
12. What does the Track Tab contain?
- All of these
- Video Track
- Audio Tracks
- Subtitle Tracks
13. Which one of the following is HD resolution?
- 720 x 576
- 704 x 480
- 720 x 480
- 1280 x 720
14. What does the ‘i’ in 25i frame rate mean?
- International scanning method
- Independent scanning method
- Interlaced scanning method
- Index scanning method
15. True or False? DVD Studio Pro supports web interactivity.
16. True or False? You can add web links to your project.
17. How do you save a project?
- Command + S
- All Answers
- File> Save As
- Shift + Command + S
- File> Save
18. True or False? DVD Studio Pro can encode video files within the program.
19. What is the size of a single side, single layer DVD disc?
- 25 GB
- 9.4 GB
- 1 GB
- 4.7 GB
- 700 MB
20. What is the standard widescreen aspect ratio?
21. You can have more than 1 menu with DVD Studio Pro?
22. Subtitles can only be how long?
- 5 seconds
- 2 minutes
- As long as the track
- 30 seconds
23. How do you duplicate an element?
24. A ______ is made up of several commands
25. What is the standard resolution of an SD DVD?
- 800 x 400
- 720 x 480
- 1920 x 1080
- 640 x 480
- 1280 x 720
26. What are DVD-R and DVD+R?
- Rewritable discs that can be used multiple times
- Discs that you can only write once on
27. How do you create a story?
- Click the Add tool
- Click the Insert tool
- Click the Insert Story tool
- Click the Add Story tool
28. What is the feature that directs a DVD to play the initial piece of media when a DVD is inserted in a player?
- Initial Play
- First Play
29. True or False? MPEG-2 16:9 supports only HD video assets.
30. Action that will not be cut off on the screen is called the ______________.
- active safe area
- action area
- action safe area
- active area
31. Is DVD Studio compatible with Windows 8?
- No, Linux only
- No, it will only run on Mac OS X
- Windows 2000/XP Compatible Only
32. Which of these is NOT included in the type order?
- Layered stories
- Layered menus
33. What appears when you select an asset in the assets tab?
- Asset Inspector
- Asset guide
- Asset Help
- Asset toolbar
34. What is the standard frame rate of a PAL DVD video?
- 24 fps
- 30 fps
- 29.97 fps
- 25 fps
- 50 fps
35. How do you preview a project?
- Press Play Button in the Viewer Tab
- Press Simulate Button from main project window
- Project> Play
- Command + P
36. Which of these is NOT a characteristic of DVD-9?
- 2-4 hours of content
- Dual layer
- All of these are characteristics of DVD-9
37. True or False? You can use both NTSC and PAL assets in the same project.
38. What is it called when there is a hidden feature that can only be configured when an invisible button is clicked?
- Mint Drop
- Secret Menu
- Easter Egg
- Invisible Drop
39. Menu buttons have how many states?
40. What is the function of the ‘dynamic range compression’?
- Increases the data rate of the final AC-3
- Helps even out the difference between the highest and lowest volume in an audio stream
- Helps even out the difference between the highest and lowest colors in a video stream.
- Lower the data rate of the final AC-3 file
41. Random play after a menu times out is created by using?
- Slide Shows
- First Play
42. True or False? You do NOT need to encode all your sources.
43. To view subtitles in your project you must ______________.
- preview OR simulate
44. _____are available and should be used when lining up buttons or text on a menu?
- Button Markers
- Chapter Markers
45. What is End Jump?
- A DVD that never reaches the end point
- Skipping to the end of the DVD
- What plays after a track, marker or story ends
- The point which a DVD stops
46. Dropzones can not be made with?
- Video Clip
47. Up to how many images can a DVD slideshow hold?
48. What is DTS?
- High-quality surround format
- Audio-compression format
- Uncompressed digital audio format
- Mandatory audio format
49. Each track is allowed how many chapters?
50. You can tell if you have already used an asset by checking what column?
51. Imported assets can be rendered in the background while you work if?
- Include a slideshow
- Specify in preferences
- Hit the start button
- Build / Format
52. What are the three common methods of encoding video ?
- CBR, One-pass VBR, Two-pass VBR
- One-pass CBR, Two-pass CBR, Three-pass CBR
- One-pass VBR, Two-pass VBR, Three-pass VBR
- One-pass CBR, Two-pass CBR, VBR
53. You should not encode MPEG streams with a maximum bit rate higher than ___ Mbps.
54. Which discs can you use to burn in your system’s DVD burner?
- DVD-5 and DVD-9
- DVD-9, DVD-10
- DVD-9, DVD-10, DVD-14
- DVD-4, DVD-5 and DVD-9
55. A layered menu is made up of what?
- More than one PNG file
- PSD File
- More than one video
- A video file on top of a picture
56. Where would you find information on a simulation while it is in progress?
- Story Tab
- Script Tab
- Outline Tab
- Log Tab
57. What script command allows you to go to another video track or chapter marker?
58. How much hard disk storage should you have before creating a project?
- 2 x the size of your project
- 4 x the size of your project
- At least the size of your project
- 3 x the size of your project
59. How do you add a text box to a menu?
- Shift + T
- Choose Text from the Format menu
- Double click where you want the text box
- Select the Add Text Box icon on main window pane
60. True or False? HD-based DVD can only use HD video resolution for the main features and extra features.
61. True or False? IMAGE_TS folder is a required folder on the DVD-Video discs.
62. What shows the linkage of the main elements of your project?
- Summary board
63. DVD Studio Pro allows direct importing of project files from?
- Final Cut Pro
- After Effects
- Apple Motion
64. Which one of these is NOT a drop zone property?
65. Which of these image files is NOT able to be imported into DVD Studio Pro?
66. The default setting for a script is?
67. You can import separate PSD layers into slide shows
68. How many more times can a blue laser disc hold than a red laser disc?