1. Flyers, banners, & signage are all parts of:
2. What does a Bill of Lading address?
- Terms of securing location.
- Terms of transportation of goods.
- Terms specific to individual venues.
- Terms regarding parking and traffic organization.
3. Who presents the central theme of an event on event day?
- Key Speaker
- Keytheme Speaker
- Keynote Speaker
- Keystone Speaker
4. What is the first step in designing a successful event?
- understanding your target audience
- outlining the content for your event invitations
- selecting a venue
- creating a comprehensive guest list
5. What term refers to a collection of people tasked with running an event?
- Content Coordinator
- Planning Fellowship
- Event Committee
- Building Team
6. What term describes the allotted expenditures set for a specific event?
- Luxury cap
7. The color white creates which impact on an event space?
- a sense of urgency and anxiety
- can create a sense of frustration and anger
- provokes a sense of passion and romance
- a sense of space and purity
8. What term describes the physical location of where an event is held?
9. What is a contingency plan?
- a backup plan in case anything goes wrong
- a toasting plan that incorporates all participates
- a layout plan of the event space for seating arrangements
10. What is the role of an a/v contractor?
- Book speakers, DJs, and musicians.
- Provide event-specific legal advice.
- Organize ambulance and emergency services.
- Supply audio/visual equipment and services.
11. What do drapers specialize in?
- Special decor
- Intrastate trade
- Event webpage coding
12. What does ROI stand for?
- Recently Offered Intention
- Readily Offered Ideas
- Return On Investment
- Rental Over Insurance
13. True or False? Recent academic studies have revealed ‘Thank You Cards’ to be old fashioned, annoying, and more harm than good for an event planning firm.
14. True or False? A career in event planning requires a degree.
15. What should you consider when choosing the music for your event?
- if the food will complement the music
- whether the space can accommodate the instrumentation you’ve chosen
- whether the color scheme matches the music mood
16. Statistically, what is the most successful day of the week to host a wedding?
17. What does “C.I.F.” stand for?
- Cost, Insurance, Freight
- Current, Indistinct, Final
- Cost, Infrastructure, Fame
- Calculate, Identify, Forge
18. What is an event hashtag?
- a tag people can use to search for an talk about your event on Twitter
- a clause in an event contract that indicates host liability in the event that an attendee is found consuming drugs on the event property
- a watermark commonly included on event invitations
19. What are Hors D’oeuvres?
- Finger foods served at an event.
- The climatic hour of an event.
- Multicultural events
- The soup of the day at an event.
20. What is a hand truck?
- Slang for a small stage
- A small hand powered device used for transporting small loads.
- A small truck or van used to ship merchandise
- A European term for catering companies
21. What is an Exposition?
- An event where a new product is revealed
- An event that collects 3 to 5 different industries for networking purposes
- A convention for transportation industry officials
- Public trade show for a specific industry to display and test new products, ideas, etc.
22. What is event cancellation insurance?
- coverage for weather damage inflicted on the event space on the date of an event
- coverage for the loss of revenue or expenses due to the cancellation or postponement of an event
- coverage of event fees under circumstances in which the event is cancelled due to weather issues
- coverage for the loss of memorabilia due to the cancellation of postponement of an event
23. Who sends goods to the consignee?
24. Liquor liability insurance protects against liability for…
- minors who become intoxicated as a result of liquor served at a special event
- property damage committed as a result of an event host serving non-sponsored liquor
- crimes committed by an individual who becomes intoxicated during your event
- bodily injury or property damage for which you may become legally liable as a result of contributing to a person’s intoxication
25. True or False: The logo(s) on a name tag should be bigger than the delegate or guest’s name.
26. What type of exhibit has interchangeable components?
- Audible Exhibit
- Modular Exhibit
- Fragmented Exhibit
- Fractured Exhibit
27. Per Diem work is calculated:
28. What is special event liability insurance?
- protects from liability for bodily injury or property damage for which you may become legally liable as a result of contributing to a person’s intoxication
- protects from liability related to guest food poisoning from outdoor catering
- protects from liability related to events that include over 1,000 attendees
- protects from liability related to certain event accidents that could result in bodily or property damage
29. What term refers to an exhibit set against a wall, building, large vehicle, etc.
- Walled Production
- Event Graffiti
- Wall to Wall Coverage
- Backwall Exhibit
30. What is swag (or schwag)?
- type of music from the 20s
- party favors
- rare wedding cake flavor
- silk ribbon commonly used in event invitations
31. How many sides are there to a peninsula display?
32. What does I&D stand for?
- International & Domestic
- Idea & Date
- Installation & Dismantle
- Implementation & Deviation
33. Which of the following are typically included in event rental agreements?
- event cancellation insurance
- event photo resolutions
- special event liability insurance
- setup and tear down times
34. Typically, what is the most common type of trash produced by large events?
- Air pollutants
35. ROS stands for:
- Rent Oriented Semantics
- Return On Setup
- Run Of Show
- Regulated Ordeal Systems
36. What is the term for seats, tables, attendees, etc. organized in a “V” pattern?
37. What is sleeping room attrition in a hotel contract?
- The amount of guests allowed per room.
- The percentage of rooms over the contracted amount allowed at the negotiated rate.
- The amount of employee turnover allowed before the hotel has to notify the client.
- The percentage of sleeping room shortfall allowable before no-show charges apply.
38. The color blue is which type of color?
39. How often is porter service included in the base cost of a trade show booth?
40. What obstacle typically serves as event book-ends on the day of the event?
- Intro & Outro
- Parking & Transportation
41. What term refers to a low wall or barrier dividing exhibits?
42. What are riggers responsible for?
- Tent and balloon set up
- Food loading
- Traffic planning
- Machine assembly
43. When is not a good time to schedule an event?
- Long Weekends
- Leap Days
- Bank Holidays
- Wedding Season
44. What is a potential negative impact of using the color yellow in an event theme?
- can induce tiredness and unrest
- can create a soothing romantic mood
- can create a sense of frustration and anger
45. The area where empty crates and contractor materials are stored is known as the:
- Service zone
- Rubbish bin
46. What must accompany most types of merchandise to ensure good condition upon shipping?
- Inspection Insurance
- Certificate of Inspection
- Stamp of Approval
- Quality Certificate
- All of these
47. You should always ___ your attendees turnout for sponsors?
- project exactly
48. What term refers to an individual or organization that pays for a specific good or service?
49. What is the most important consideration in selecting the right music for your event?
- whether live instruments are permiited inside the event space
- which songs and genres are not allowed
- the birth year of the event host
50. Which of the following terms refers to a raised platform at an event?
51. When does a ‘show break’ take place?
- At an event’s beginning.
- At an event’s final planning meeting.
- At an event’s intermission.
- At an event’s end.
52. True or False? Event planning is a time tested profession that finds its roots in colonial times.
53. True or False? Environmentally sustainable events are typically less expensive.