1. What kind of imagery would Fracture be good at creating?
- Shattering glass.
- Fluffy kittens.
- Bread dough.
- Playful dolphins.
2. Where are lightmaps assigned?
- Your surface’s Luminosity channel.
- In the Luminary menu.
- On the lumination panel.
- In the settings menu.
3. IK is a function that allows bones to automatically bend at joints based on a goal objects position in the IK chain. What does IK stand for?
- International Kinesics
- Inverse Kinetin
- Intentional Kinetics
- Inverse Kinematics
4. Which is the move tool key?
5. In Layout, what camera will give you a completely flat, straight on image?
- Orthographic camera
- Real lens camera
- Perspective camera
- Shift camera
6. When surfacing an object and test rendering the look, sometimes it can take a long time to render just to need to adjust and rerender. What function allows you to render only where you are making changes?
- Field of View
- Pixel Aspect
- Frame Size
- Limited region
7. If you wanted to save your configuration settings, where would you save them?
8. In Modeler, the hotkey "N" will bring up this dialogue box with useful information about the tools that you use.
- Node information box
- Notice box
- Numeric box
- New object box
9. True or False? There are three ways to surface an object; nodes, layers, and a combination of the two.
10. In order to use the Heat Shrink tool, what does your object need?
- A point selection set
- A morph map
- A weight map
- An object in the background layer
11. True or False? In order to render faster, Lightwave only renders what is in the cameras view.
12. In Layout, shift clicking on an object in VPR will do what?
- Select the object
- Select the surface in the surface editor
- Render only selected
13. What three principles is the flocking algorithm based off of?
- Separation, Alignment, and Conjunction.
- Separation, Arithmetic, and Cohesion.
- Singularity, Arrangement, and Cohesion.
- Separation, Alignment, and Cohesion.
14. In Modeler, you can quickly center your selection to 0,0,0 by pressing this hotkey.
15. In the lower right of Modelers interface are the letters W, T, M, C, and S. They stand for subpatch weight map, UV texture map, morph map, color vertex map, and?
- Polygon space map
- Stereo map
- Size map
- Point Selection Sets
16. Which key opens the "Surface Name" panel – to rename the selected polygons?
17. True or False? Saving your scene in Layout will save texture information on your model.
18. When building a skeleton out of bones, and after activating the bones the geometry becomes twisted and deformed, what did you forget to do?
- Set bone rest length
- Record bone pivot rotation
- Record bone rest position
- Set weight maps
19. In Modeler, what tool allows you to move a point or selection of points and connect it to another point, without changing the shape of the selected points?
- Point connect
- Set point value
- Snap drag tool
20. True or False? In order to use manually drawn bones, you have to have a weight map assigned to the object.
21. When moving, scaling, or rotating a selection in Modeler, it will rotate around the "action center". There are four centers you can choose from, mouse, pivot, selection, and origin. What is the hotkey for Action Center: Origin?
- Shift F8
- Shift F5
- Shift F6
- Shift F7
22. In Layout, moving an object over another object and holding down a key will snap it to the pivot point of the object you currently do not have selected. What is that key?
23. True or False? When plugging a texture node into the base surface node, it disables the ability to change the layer input of the same attribute.
24. What does Fracture do?
- It breaks an item down into parts for use with dynamics.
- It causes an item to break into a million pieces.
- It uses dynamics to break an item down.
- It causes an item to become more dynamic.
25. What bullet dynamic causes the item to slow down when it comes in contact with other items?
26. How do you access a node through your Texture Editor?
- Choose Procedural Editor as the Node.
- Choose Shape Editor as the procedural Panel.
- Choose Node Editor as the procedural texture.
- Choose Text Editor as the procedural Node.
27. What does “Mass Method” do?
- It calculates the ‘darkness’ of an item.
- It calculates the ‘dullness’ of an item.
- It calculates the ‘brightness’ of an item.
- Calculates the ‘heaviness’ of an item.
28. Lightwave instancing clones one object to as many as you want/need. What is the benefit for using instancing versus actually cloning?
- Saves system memory
- Allows smoother layout navigation
- Saves render time
- All of the above
29. Because ServerRecord is constructed at the top level of the environment, what else is it considered?
- A “local” variable.
- A “relative” variable.
- A “global” variable.
30. What does the Device Manager in Lightwave do?
- Assigns your connected device to be used with the Virtual Studio.
- There is no Device Manager in Lightwave.
- Assigns your devices to an animation.
- Assigns programs to devices.
31. What key toggles between selection modes?
- Space bar
- h key
- c key
- v key
- b key
32. What is the Control Booth for?
- Setting up scripts to handle the commands that configure your device.
- Configuring the controls to work for a new user.
- Setting up user preferences.
33. To set the frames per second, what field do you adjust?
- The Frame menu.
- The audio field.
- The FPS field.
- The PFS field.
34. The Exploded Parts toggle is used for what?
- Creating imploded parts views.
- Creating an imploded morph map of the parts.
- Creating exploded parts views.
- Creating an exploded morph map of the parts.
35. To make your plug-in live, what must be defined?
- Only ServerTagInfo structures.
- Only ServerRecord structures.
- The ServerTagInfo and ServerRecord structures.
36. Why should there be only one ServerRecord instance in your script?
- To keep Pcore in check.
- To keep it running.
- To keep it away from Pcore.
- To be sure the Pcore system can locate it.
37. What is maximum render resolution for 32-bit versions of LightWave?
- 16,000 x 16,000
- 50,000 x 50,000
- 800 x 600
- 4,000 x 4,000
38. What does the value, “Minimum Samples” do?
- It determines the cameras per pixel.
- It determines the X-rays per pixel.
- It determines the camera rays per pixel.
- It determines the camera angles per pixel.
39. If when loading a scene, Lightwave prompts you for object and image location, what wasn't set correctly?
- Coordinate system
- Content directory
- Master plugins
- Lightwave global settings
40. Can you edit Morph Maps with Zbrush?
- You can only edit Morph Maps with Morph Maps.
- You can edit Zbrush with MorphMaps.
41. True or False? You can have multiple Instance Generators attached to an object.
42. If you have too many transparent objects in the scene, the render may not look as it should. What setting do you need to adjust if the transparency isn't rendering correctly?
- Time’s Up!
- Transparency Amount
- Ray Recursion Limit
- Ray Precision
- Clip Map
43. What is Python Scripting useful for in Lightwave?
- Creating code that makes Lightwave run smoother.
- Writing scripts to automatically draw for you.
- Creating custom plug-ins.
- Creating Lightwave apps.
44. How can you make your lighting more subtle in Unity?
- Use the lightdampening panel.
- Use lightmaps.
- Increase their brightness.
- Delete them.
45. Layout has three different coordinate systems for rotational and transformational purposes; world, parent, and what?
46. What are three primitives that have been added to the Geometry Group in Layout's Modeler Tools tab?
- Triangle, Square, and Oval.
- Rhombus, Triangle, and Oval.
- Cube, Sphere, and Ground Plane
- Circle, Square, and Taurus.
47. What is new about sampling in Lightwave 11?
- It has been unified.
- It has been converted to be less comprehensive.
- Nothing is new.
- It has been discontinued.
48. Boolean operations modify two pieces of existing geometry based on where they intersect. There are four types of booleans; intersect, add, subtract, and?
49. Which of the following is an Instanced Object?
- Motion blur.
50. Endomorphs is a trait offered by which Interchange Tool?
51. What is the Lightwaves built in hair and fur tool called?
- Shave and Haircut
- Barber Shop
52. Is the Global Playback button overridden by individual Play settings?
- Only if you specify that it should be.
- It can be with the right plug-in.
53. Lightwave now provides a tool for almost instant animation rig set up. What is it called?
- Bone Manager
54. Modeler allows you to build a skeleton before bringing it into Layout. What is the tool called?
- Create skelegons
- Create bones
- Create skeleton
55. Radiosity causes Lightwave to calculate light bounce and reflection off of objects in the scene. There are three types of radiosity algorithms you can choose from; backdrop, final gather, and?
- Image world
- Monte Carlo
- Textured environment
56. Lightwave allows 3 and 4 sided polygons to become subpatched in its standard mode. Which SubD type allows more than 4 sides to be subpatched?
- Lewis & Clark
- Super Subpatch
57. In the node editor, the Carpaint node is considered a?
- Material node
- Ray Trace node
- Gradient node
- Shader node
58. What animated scene would Lightwave's flocking algorithm be useful in displaying?
- Bears hibernating.
- Groups of mackerel escaping seals.
- Dogs catching frisbees.
- Elephants eating grass.
59. This tool allows for fluid motion with particles which constantly chase a goal object.
- Flocking Tool
- Fluid Tool
- Go To Tool
- Follow Me Tool
60. Once you have created a subclass of a valid plug-in interface, what must be provided to manage its instances?
- A tray.
- An instance.
- A panel.
- A factory.
61. Which of these tools allow you to add more geometry on an edge than a single polygon in an automatic manner?
- Magic Bevel
62. What Workflow Enhancement can you use to align your model after working off the axis?
- Align to Plane
- Assign to Plane.
- Arrange with Plane.
- Engage with Plane.
63. How many ServerTagInfo instances can be defined?
- Only 50.
- Less than 50.
- An infinite amount.
- Only 10.
64. What does Autodesk's Maya do?
- It adds the framework for creating figures.
- It inverts colors.
- It changes shapes automatically.
- It reverses diffuse and ambient, making it necessary to back up your project before using it.
65. What does Edge Padding do?
- It makes edges stand out and be more difficult to manage.
- It emphasizes user padding.
- It creates seams to make note of the user padding.
- It creates a user-defined padding so that there are no seams when the size of the map is reduced.
66. What items are included in bullet's properties?
- Speed, Rotation, and Velocity.
- Group, Bullet Body, Speed
- Collision Body, Reflection, and Color.
- Bullet Group, Dynamic Body, Collision Body.
67. The new VPR setting in Lightwave allows fast editing of surfaces and lighting. What does VPR stand for?
- Vermont Public Radio
- Varied Pixel Relations
- Viewport Preview Rendering
68. What is Lightwave's flocking system based off of?
- The swaying of trees in the wind.
- Animals running in chaotic patterns.
- 3D computer models of coordinated animal motion.
- Robotic motion of drones.
69. What is a ServerRecord?
- A runtime library.
- A Java library.
- A book depository.
- A Python dictionary.
70. Lightwaves built in tabs allow fast access to its various tools and settings. You will find the plugins, python scripting, and Lscripting in which tab?
- Setup tab
- Utilities tab
- Display tab
- Scene tab
71. The new releases of Lightwave allows compatibility with which game engine?
- XBox Two Alpha
- Lua 3D
72. After being used to create the digital sets on Avatar, Lightwave added the ability to use hand held devices to move the digital camera in real time. What is that feature called?
- Virtual Studio
- Inside the studio
- Virtual green screen
- Real camera motion
73. This view shows you each object and the tree of connections it has under it. What is that view called?
- Schematic view
- Scene editor
- Information view
- Object connection view
74. What does Ngon light do?
- Creates disco balls.
- Create n-sided lights.
- Creates light elements.
- Creates light effects.
75. Where can the Device Manager be found?
- The Lunch Menu.
- The Side Menu.
- The Top Menu.
- The Bottom Menu.
76. This checkbox in the display preferences shows you what will could be cut off after broadcasting the show. What is the check box called?
- Show field chart
- Golden sections
- Show cut off lines
- Show safe areas
77. In Lightwave, there are 4 different types of UV textures. They are planar, cylindrical, spherical, and?
78. What panel would you find the âInstancerâ tab?
- Objectâs Layout Properties panel.
- The Instancer panel.
- The Instancing panel.
- Layoutâs Object Properties panel.
79. When creating a primitive in Modeler, what does the left and right arrows do?
- Rotates the primitive
- Adds and removes geometry segments
- Increases or decreases primitive size
- Moves the primitive left or right
80. Which of the following is a Generic_ExportFBXCommand argument?
81. Instances can be displayed in OpenGL as what?
- Extended objects.
- Advanced objects.
- Object elements.
- Normal objects.
82. Subdividing a poly adds more geometry to existing object. What is the default hotkey?
- Shift D
- Shift S
- Ctrl D
- Ctrl A
83. Where can Nodes be found?
- Node Samples > Render Globals > Render
- Shading Samples > Render Globals > Render
- Render Globals > Shading Samples > Render
- Shading Samples > Render Nodes > Render